Wednesday, January 31, 2007

RaSof Ranking Factors Evaluation Anomalies - Continued

On my e-Commerce webpage, I mentioned a James D. Brausch RaSof/Ranking Factors scoring anomaly I discovered. Keywords in HTML comments (within comment tags) count towards the score just as do keywords in text. I have no idea as to whether keywords or not in the comments tags really affect Google ranking or not. That is, if you put a bunch of keywords in comment tags, that will usually improve your RaSof score, but does Google then give you a higher page rank?

I have no idea, and since Brausch is not open to my comments and questions, the only way we will know is if you (someone happening across this blog) risks getting fired as a customer by asking him and getting an answer.

Here is an example: On my Prestige Wristwatches website, on the main page, there is a list of manufacturers at the bottom of the page. I scored that on the keyword "wristwatch". Over a few weeks, using what I could glean from the Ranking Factors Course and the RaSof video, I succeeded in getting my "score" from 215 up to 1760. A VERY nice improvement. But since no inbound links to speak of, that page is still in the area of the Google deep. Anyway, I added a few manufacturer links to that list. That list does not contain many, if any mentions of the keyword "wristwatch", just the manufacturers' names. That reduced the RaSof score back down to 1639. A little while ago, as an experiment, I included the keywords "wristwatch" and "wristwatches" in HTML comments above and below the list. VoilĂ , the score went back up to 1742.

No comments:

Post a Comment