Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dumping Relusi and Munius - What Do You Think?

My previous post: Relusi - Serious Problem - Brausch Resource (Link) Directory - I have come across a serious problem with the James D. Brausch Relusi Link Exchange Software.

That post outline a problem with Relusi. Someone else reported to me a similar problem with Munius.

I had not looked at my Relusi directories for my sites for a couple of days. After fixing the data file corruption reported, I had 200 links approved and confirmed for one of them. For another site I had 83 links approved and confirmed. Looking at them today, they are corrupted again. The corruption starts at link 69 on one and link 68 on another.

Just took a look at yet another directory: That had a different number of links to start with, and it is also corrupted starting with yet another starting link number.

Anyway -- I have had Relusi and Munius installed for 8 or 9 months. As far as I can tell, THEY HAVE NOT DONE ME ANY GOOD AT ALL in building traffic to my sites.

Are there ANY success stories out there for those using either of those products?

I am thinking of dumping them as being more trouble than they are worth. What do YOU think? Comments are open.

Update 2009-06-18: I have long ago dumped both Relusi and Munius -- P.O.S.

3 comments:

  1. David, I would really like to see any success stories directly attributed to Brausch's software. More and more I'm gettin the feeling that most selling of s/w from successful internet marketers is going to novices who want to do it too...so it's marketers selling to marketers...where's the market in that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So would I like to see some success stories. Including mine. :-). I know of but one that has achieved good Google search page results location comparable to Brausch for "internet marketing", but I think at least 80% of that is his skill independent of what he got from Brausch. Or in spite of what he got from Brausch. And even then, I gather that INCOME from even that is not gangbusters.

    It appears to me that there is the same dynamic going on in this internet marketing field as was/is in MLM.

    For example, I signed up to get e-mails from several "gurus". Almost every day I get a breathless announcement from each regarding the "latest and greatest" road-to-riches-of-the-day program. Typically: "Special: Since you are my list, you can get in fast. Only $79."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That being said, there IS a market out there. The question is, is most of what is being sold -- including Brausch's stuff -- really of value?

    Internet marketers selling to other internet marketers is a huge market, but even so, there is only so much "room at the top." Most internet marketers are going to have to sell to OTHER markets (the Brausch-disparaged "niche" markets.) For most, that is not going to be selling "how to sell to other internet marketers" crap.

    In my case, I have made more money selling my AIM program for stock market investors than I have all of my internet marketing related stuff together. And I don't have the greatest sales page setup for that, either.

    And, I get more AdSense clicks on my wristwatch content site than I do on my marketing related sites and this blog. (Unfortunately, they're usually worth only a nickel or less a click.)

    ReplyDelete